Better late than never, right? :)
Plus, little guy is actually starting to get on a napping schedule, so I was able to take a few photos yesterday. Did I say a few photos? There might be more than a few.
Here is where we started.
It actually wasn't a bad color. However, it was a very relaxing, almost dreary color, and I need all the help I can get to wake up in the morning. The carpet was in good shape, as was the ceiling fan.
The room had a large, beautiful window, but not so beautiful window treatments.
The double doors lead into the bathroom.
Here we go!
We painted the bedroom door black, just like the rest of the doors in the house.
For those of you who are new around here, we decided to do our nursery in our master bedroom because all of the secondary bedrooms are upstairs. I didn't feel comfortable with having Liam so far away, nor did I feel like climbing the stairs numerous times in the middle of the night.
After the baby moves upstairs with his brothers, we'll do some rearranging again. We might leave the bed where it is, or we might move it in front of the window. That placement would actually give us room for some decent nightstands. We're sort of smooshed as is.
The framed fabric wall was a DIY project that you can read about Here.
I also made the Euro Pillows on the bed, link Here.
Ignore the ugly fan and cord where it is plugged in. We've all been trained to sleep with a little white noise, and Liam is no exception. You have to do what you have to do when there are blog photos to take! ha!
The lamp I picked up at Marshall's Homegoods. I couldn't resist the coral shape.
I'm thinking about painting the black base white, what do you think?
We replaced the two miniblinds on the windows with one large shade. I then hung Ikea Vivan curtains on each side of the window. Finding a rod to cover that span of space would have been difficult and expensive. There are actually four panels total, for a little fullness.
The rug is a Pottery Barn Kids outlet find.
I painted the diaper changing table red, which I think adds a nice pop of color. You can read about that project Here
The changing cover came from Target. I used baskets that we already had to hold diapers and burp cloths. I purchased two large tin containers from the paint section at Lowes, that hold blankets and pjs.
The chair was my first major slipcovering project. You can read about that post Here.
I made the art for the side wall, details Here.
The mobile and baby bedding were also a DIY projects.
Mobile post Here.
Baby bedding post Here.
Painted circles on wall, Here.
As you can see, the room isn't completely done. The bathroom doors are still off white, and have brass handles, but until we have the time and funds to tackle the bathroom, they'll probably stay that way.
There you have it. Not the most conventional of spaces, but sometimes you just have to do what works for your family. At this stage in life, this is what works.
Thanks for stopping by!