The day to day adventures of turning a 22 year old house into something updated, fun, and fresh for this family of five.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Our Field of Dreams



This isn't Iowa.
We're not corn farmers.  And, my husband isn't Kevin Costner.

But for some reason, he decided that we needed a mini baseball field in our backyard.  


Every chance he's gotten, over the past two days, he has been sneaking outside, turning this...




into this....

Our own little Field of Dreams.













He wanted me to stress that he still has a lot of work to do, in case any of my readers are baseball field connoisseurs.  haha.

We still need to patch up that grass where the fire pit *was*... I'm going to miss that little stack of bricks.  :(
He's also ordering some actual bases, has been researching how to "stripe" the field, and we might even make home and visitor benches.  :)

The tree hugger in me cried a little when he ran that yellow foul line up that tree.  ...If I had no input, he'd have already dug up most of the sod and laid down dirt.  However, I'd like to have our yard back, one day.  Until then, let's play ball!  :)





-Courtney

Linking to:  Thrifty Decor Chick

7 comments:

  1. Omg! Could your kids grow up in a cooler place? U guys have pretty much sealed the deal on the coolest parents award. You amaze me once again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!! Your boys will always remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this!! Tell Brandon he did a great job! No scrutinizing anything, it looks wonderful! The boys, and I'm sure Brandon, will have such a good time. What wonderful memories they will have!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun!!! What a cool Dad :) We're working on our backyard these days, but we're going from no grass to (hopefully) plush green grass. If someone tried to create a baseball field on it, I think Bob would cry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, how fun :) What a great way for the family to all play toegether

    ReplyDelete
  6. and what did he use to "paint" the baselines, etc??? so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love them!! :)