I'm sure we all have great methods on how to hang plates, but I thought I'd share my method in case anyone cares, ha!
I start by arranging the plates on the floor, trying to find a design that looks right. It usually takes one or two times before I get it right.
I start by finding the center of the wall. Ignore the mess, we were busy moving things around.
I then use a level to run a line of painters tape vertically up the center of the wall, and horizontally as shown.
These tape lines act as a guide so that the plates are all level.
In this case, I placed the horizontal row as a starting point, and then grew the design off of that.
I then just remove the plates one by one, removing the tape, and replacing the plates as I go. As you can see, I just nail straight through the tape.
Aren't those melamine Ikat plates from Target just too cute?
I also love the little pop of spring green. I was originally thinking I would do an all white arrangement for this wall, but after doing the Board and Batten treatment with the stark blue and white, I felt this area needed a little more pop than just white.
I'm really loving it. Here is a reminder of how this spot looked just one month ago. :)
So much better! Now it's YOUR turn! :)
Please be a follower of And Then There Was Home.
Please link up to your specific blog post URL and not just your blog.
It does not need to be a post dedicated to a plate wall, but it does need to at least show the wall featuring the plates in the post.
Place a link on your post leading back here.
Visit others and leave comments! We all love them and the whole point of this is to share ideas. Thanks! :) Courtney
I love this Courtney!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kristin!!
ReplyDeleteHi Courtney! I'm cracking up because I just left you a comment on your baby gate post and didn't realize that you had been to my blog inviting me to this party! LOL! I'm all linked up and I absolutely LOVE what you did with your plate wall and really the entire space is just gorgeous! :-)
ReplyDeletehaha, isn't this a small world? Thank you so much for linking up and for your sweet comments! :) I will definately participate in the other link up you mentioned!
ReplyDeleteI love this! Now I want to do a plate wall in my kitchen!
ReplyDeleteI just started following
ReplyDeleteThank you!! I just checked out your blog.. I love the example you posted of the dishes you registered for! Those are just too cute.
ReplyDeleteDo it Morgan! lol
ReplyDeleteI love the transformation this room has had! Looks great!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDelete